What do they do?
1. Research environmental issues 2. Acquire evidence for the court 3. Provide legal guidance to clients
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree program focusing on environmental policy or environmental science.
- Critical thinking - Analytical reasoning - Negotiation skills - Research and writing skills.
Universities to check out:
- Vermont Law School -Vermont, USA - Lewis & Clark College - Oregon, USA - National Law University - Bangalore, India - Jindal Global Law School - Sonipat, India
Projected to increase by 9% between 2020 and 2030.
Graduates start as associates and work with more experienced lawyers, before becoming partners.
Most lawyers work in an office environment, though travel may be needed if they teach at a university.
Companies hire environmental lawyers with a minimum of 5 years of work experience (internships).
- Non-Profit - Corporate (Private sector) - Government - Public Interest - Private Practice (Court cases)
- Dark Waters - Erin Brockovich - Better Together
Movies about Environmental Law
Discover more exciting careers!
Sign up for