Do you enjoy creating digital art? Do you want to sell your art for a fair price? If you answered yes, you could be the next big NFT artist! Like Victor Langlois, a teenager who sold his artwork The Everlasting Beautiful for $550,000. In total, he has made $18 million in NFT sales alone.
NFT stands for “nonfungible token.” NFT Art is a collectable digital asset that can be traded online. While your digital art can still be viewed, screenshotted, and downloaded by anyone online (in roughly the same quality), the purpose of NFTs is to assign an agreed-upon value of ownership to your digital art. The blockchain ensures that NFTs are owned and valid.
Do you aspire to be an NFT artist or are you just exploring the field? In either case, you’ve come to the right place! This blog discusses about how to become an NFT artist, the skills required, courses, salary, and what else it takes to become an NFT artist. Follow the step-by-step guide in the blog to become an NFT artist.
Who is an NFT artist?
NFT artists create or mint digital art, which they sell to customers. Furthermore, artists can set up royalties so that they receive a percentage of sales whenever their work is sold to a new owner. This is an appealing feature because most artists do not receive future proceeds after their work is sold.
Learn more: Career as a Chartered Accountant
How to become an NFT artist? [4 Step Guide]
Step 1: Stream to select
You can become an NFT artist regardless of which stream you choose.
Step 2: Certification courses and project courses
The certification courses listed below can help you become an NFT artist.
- Turn Your Art into an NFT
- NFT Fundamentals: Buy, Create, Sell NFTs
- NFT Digital Artist Economy
- All in One NFT Masterclass for Artists and Entrepreneurs
- Certified NFT Expert – Blockchain Council
- Certified NFT Developer – Blockchain Council
- NFT Fundamentals Course – 101 Blockchains
- Certified NFT Professional (CNFTP) – 101 Blockchains
- Build an NFT Marketplace
- Master NFTs in 7 Days Course
- The Complete NFT Course – Learn Everything about NFTs
- How to Launch a Successful NFT Project
- How Brands Should Enter the Metaverse & NFT Space
- FinTech 360: From AI To Digital Assets
- NFT 101: Introduction to NFTs
- NFT Course: From AI to NFTs
- Complete NFT Course Online
- NFT & Crypto Wealth Building Masterclass
Step 3: Educational qualifications
Although no formal education is required to become an NFT artist, it is strongly advised that you complete as much education as possible as a backup in case you wish to pursue a different career or have multiple careers.
How to become an NFT artist after 10th?
To sell your artwork, it must be unique and appealing to the customers. Clever Harvey’s JuniorMBA Design & Branding program will teach you how to use your imagination and visual design skills to create visually appealing designs that will help you gain customers.
Step 4: How to prepare for the job?
- Make your digital art: When creating digital art, it’s a good idea to carve out a niche. This is because it allows you to hone your skills in a specific area while also building a following/audience who understands the type of work you produce and what they can expect from you in the future.
- Select the blockchain you wish to use: NFTs are hosted on the blockchain, which is a network-wide distributed, decentralised public ledger. As it turns out, there are several blockchains to choose from when looking for a network to host your NFTs, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Among the most popular choices are:
- Bitcoin cash
- Set up your crypto wallet: To create, sell, hold, and transfer NFTs, you’ll need a crypto wallet. Once again, there are several options available here.
- Load your wallet with the appropriate currency/tokens: Once you’ve obtained your wallet, you must load it with the cryptocurrency that will power your preferred blockchain.
- Choose your marketplace: Depending on the type of art you’re selling, you might be better off going to a marketplace dedicated to your specific niche because you’ll be able to connect with more interested buyers (such as Axie for gaming items).
- Mint your NFT: Mint your NFT and turn your art collection into blockchain history.
- Set your prices: Only you can determine how much to charge for your artwork. However, it’s a good idea to do some research in your field to see what other artists in your field are charging for their work.
- Sell your NFT: Most platforms will give you a few options for listing your NFT. Once you’ve decided on the best approach for you, all that’s left is to specify the duration and click “Complete Listing.” Congrats! Your first NFT listing is now available. Let us hope that a buyer is on the way.
- Consider marketing your art: Last but not least, if you want to make it as an NFT artist, you must find a way to market your work and build a following through social media, a portfolio website, giveaways, and collaborations with influencers or other NFT artists.
8 most important skills for becoming an NFT artist
- Understanding of (Digital) Art
- A Sense for Digital Economy
- Research and Creativity
- Stay up to date
Salary of an NFT artist:
A nonfungible token’s average selling price is around $2,000. The average NFT royalty ranges between 5 and 10%, which comes out to be $100 – $200 per NFT designed.
Top 10 NFT Art Created So Far
- Quantum by Kevin McCoy
- Everydays – The First 5000 Days by Beeple
- Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak
- Gucci Ghost by Trevor Andrew
- Genesis by Trevor Jones and Jose Delbo
- Human One by Beeple
- Finite by Pak
- Seasons by Blake Kathryn
- Crossroad by Beeple
- Quantum by Kevin McCoy
More about NFT artists?
If you’ve arrived at this point in the blog, it can only mean one thing: you like NFT artists and may one day become one yourself! As a bonus, a few Instagram accounts of a few NFT artists are included here. Check them out and have fun exploring more!
It would never do you well to imagine hitting a jackpot of some kind in your first attempt. It takes time and effort to get there, as with anything worthwhile. Let your passion run through your work so that you can give it your all. That is the only way to progress in any field, including NFT art! Best wishes on your path to becoming an NFT artist!
FAQs about how to become an NFT Artist
Do NFT artists get paid?
Ans: Yes, the content creator, or original artist, of the NFT, earns royalties from secondary market sales. For example, after the original artist/owner sells the NFT, the buyer/investor may resell the NFT in the secondary market to another buyer/investor.
How do I start NFT as an artist?
Ans: To begin your career as an NFT artist, follow the steps outlined below:
1. Figure out what an NFT is
2. Make sure you actually want to sell an NFT art
3. Choose a platform to sell your NFT on
4. Set up a wallet
5. Connect your wallet
6. Create an NFT
Is it easy to become an NFT artist?
Ans: If you want to become an NFT artist, you will need to take some basic steps. That being said, becoming an NFT artist is easier than you think; however, building a following and remaining consistent can be difficult.
How do NFT artists make money?
Ans: NFT artists can earn money from their work in two ways: sales and royalties.
Can anyone become a NFT artist?
Ans: Anyone can use the platform to create art and sell it as NFTs.